Gingerbread Chai Raw Cake
Vegan chef Mitch at our wholesale partner - Offbeet Food, has created this delicious gluten, dairy and refined sugar free treat. This guilt-free dessert is infused with a burst of Turmeric Matcha and Gingerbread Chai Tea.
Serves: 16 slices
What you will need:
- 1 Pot Strongly brewed Gingerbread Chai tea (3tsp worth)
For the base:
- 125g almonds
- 125g pistachios
- 250g medjool (or fresh) dates
- 1 tsp ginger
For the filling:
- 300g cashew
- 150g agave nectar (or maple syrup/ coconut nectar/date syrup)
- 200g coconut oil
- 1tsp Turmeric Matcha
- Pinch of pink himalayan salt
- Roughly 200ml of brewed Gingerbread Chai tea
- Dried blue corn flowers & marigold flowers.
What to do:
1. Begin by brewing a strong pot of Gingerbread Chai tea.
2. In a food processor add your almonds + pistachios and blend until you have a course crumb
3.Add in your dates, ginger and a splash of your brewed tea and pulse until it begins to stick together.
3. Press your base mixture firmly into a 27cm tart tin (ideally with a removable base) ensuring that it is spread across the whole base evenly.
4. Add your filling ingredients into a high powered blender and blend until you
have a smooth batter. You may need to add more tea / liquid to loosen the batter. It should end
up like a thick double cream style consistency. I also added some of the brewed Gingerbread
Chai tea leaves to enhance the flavour even more.
5. Finally pour your batter onto the base, top with edible flowers and then place in the freezer for
around 2 hours until set.
6. Once set, pop your raw cake out of the tin and cut into slices. It should make around 16
good sized slices and stored in the fridge, this should last up to 2 weeks.