Matcha Granola Recipe
Our good friend + blogger The Happy Skin Kitchen has whipped up a storm with this superfood infused matcha granola recipe. The perfect healthy breakfast to kick start your day!
'I love serving it with fresh berries and coconut yogurt but even with just a splash of any milk of your
choice would be utterly delicious. It’s also a great breakfast for those sleepy morning when you need
an extra boost of energy to start your day.' - Elisa, The Happy Skin Kitchen
Serves: 4-6 (recipe yields 1 regular sized jar)
What you will need:
- 1 cup of jumbo oats
- ½ cup of mixed nuts of your choice (I have used a mix of almonds and pecans)
- ½ cup of pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup of flaked almonds
- ½ cup of sultanas
- ½ cup of unsweetened coconut chips
- 2 teaspoons of Bluebird's Pure Grade Matcha Green Tea Powder
- 3 tablespoons of melted coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup (or liquid sweetener of your choice)
What to do:
1. Start by preheating the oven at 150 degrees Celsius.
2. Roughly chop the nuts. You can also use a food processor, just make sure they are not turning into
flour, you still want to have quite generous size pieces.
3. Place the oats, chopped nuts, pumpkin seeds, flaked almonds and coconut chips into a mixing bowl.
Pour over the melted coconut oil and the liquid sweeter of your choice. Mix everything well together.
4. Line a baking tray with parchment paper. Spread the granola mixture onto the baking tray using a
spatula or the back of a spoon. Bake the granola for 1 hour. Every 15-20 minutes make sure to give
the granola a good stir so it will bake evenly. The granola will be ready once it is a lovely golden brown colour.