Matcha Pretzels Recipe
Oh boy, check out these matcha munchies! Our good friend blogger Amy Lee Cup of Tea really has outdone herself this time. Using our limited edition flavoured Gingernut Matcha, these homemade baked matcha preztels are the bomb!
What you will need:
What to do:
2. Mix the dry yeast and 1 Perfect Tea Spoon of sugar together, then slowly add 118ml (1/2 cups) of warm water.
3. In another large bowl, mix together the flour, salt, baking powder and 2 Perfect Tea Spoons of sugar.
4. Make a well in the centre of the flour mixture and slowly add the matcha, then the yeast and sugar mixture, making sure to mix well with a wooden spoon.
5. Add 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon and scrape out half a vanilla pod and mix.
6. Dust the surface with flour and knead the dough for about 10-12 minutes, until it feels elastic and isn't sticky anymore.
7. Cover the dough in oil, then cover with a tea towel (or similar) and leave to prove in a warm area for about a hour.
8. Knead again for a couple of minutes, roll the dough into a ball and then cut into equal sized pieces. Roll these out and fold into a pretzel shape.
9. Cover a baking tray with baking paper and grease the baking paper.
11. Bake for about 20/25 minutes, take them out half way through and sprinkle some more cinnamon and sugar on top. Place back in the oven and continue to bake until the pretzels are browned.
12. Leave to sit for 10 minutes and enjoy!
Amy, we salute you! #Nomnomnom