Love Potion Tea Infused Brownie
Who doesn't love tea...? Also, who doesn't love Chocolate?! Well, here at Bluebird HQ we've married together the two greatest loves of any respectable Englishman's life, to create this mindbogglingly scrumptious brownie recipe using Bluebird's Love Potion. And just in time to treat your better half this Valentine's day (you're welcome)! We've also added in adaptable ingredients for all you gluten-free people out there.
Serves: 10 brownie lovers
Prep time: 45 mins
What you will need:
Tea infused chocolate fudge topping:
- 75g granulated sugar
- 40g butter or margarine
- 100g white desert chocolate
- 100ml evaporated milk
- 1tsp Bluebird's Love Potion tea
Tea infused Brownie base:
- 50g plain desert chocolate
- 110g butter
- 225g granulated sugar
- 50g plain flour sifted (replace with gluten-free flour if desired)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp Bluebird's Love Potion tea
What to do:
1.Combine the Love Potion and evaporated milk in a saucepan and heat on a low temperature until simmering.
2. Simmer for 10 minutes then strain (you should end up with around 75ml of milk)
3. Combine the sugar and the tea infused evaporated milk in a heavy saucepan.
4. Place the pan over a low heat and allow the sugar to dissolve, stirring frequently.
5. When all the granules of sugar have melted, bring the mixture to the boil and simmer very gently for 6 minutes – this time without stirring.
6. Take the pan off the heat, stir in the chocolate (broken into small pieces) and keep staring till the chocolate has melted.
7. Stir in the butter
8. Transfer the mixture to a bowl, cool, then cover with cling film and chill for a couple of hours.
The brownie base:
1. Melt the butter with the Love Potion and heat for around 15 minutes then strain.
2. Then put the now tea-infused butter and chocolate together in a glass bowl placed on a saucepan, with a small amount of water in, on a low heat and melt them together.
3. Away from the heat, stir in all the other ingredients into the butter and chocolate mixture thoroughly.
4. Spread into a lined tin.
5. Bake in the oven for 30 to 45 minutes, until a knife inserted in the centre comes out clean (it will firm up as it cools).
6. Finally spread the chocolate fudge topping onto the base. I like to add a little extra such as edible glitter, candy hearts and rose petals to make it extra special and enjoy! <3
WARNING: Extremely moreish